Please note phones are diverted between 12.30-1.30pm Mon-Fri. In emergencies, please call 000 or hospital (02) 6540 2100
Dr W O Pye MBE commenced the practice in Scone in March 1934. Dr Pye was born at Parramatta in 1905, the great-great grandson of two convicts who arrived on the Third Fleet in 1791. He was educated at Kings School at Parramatta and from there went to the University of Sydney, graduating with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in 1928. In 1930 he went to Edinburgh, Scotland, where he became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1931. After a few years study in England he returned to Australia and married his cousin, Gwendolyn Yeager, in 1937. He died in early 1994. The original practice was located at Airlie House.
The Practice began at its current location in 1950’s in purpose built premises. The original building had been extended and renovated over the years and had become outdated. Our current premises is a leased from the Upper Hunter Shire Council who erected the building with the assistance of a long term loan and a government grant and was opened in September 2004 . The building was further extended in 2010 to allow for the provision of diagnostic imaging through CT scan and ultrasound.
The current partners in the Medical Practice are:
Dr Tammy Kimpton - Dr Kimpton has been a partner of the practice since 2015, and continues to offer exemplary medical care to her patients alongside her partnership commitments.
Dr Larissa Burke - Dr Burke joined the practice in 2008 and is the most recent addition to the partnership. Together with her partnership responsibilities, Dr Burke also continues to offer exceptional medical care to her patients.